Halo Infinite is a first-person shooter video game developed by 343 Industries and published by Xbox Game Studios for the Xbox One family of devices, including the Series X/S. The game was announced at E3 2018 and is currently in development.
Checkout this video:
Halo Infinite is the latest entry in the Halo franchise, and the first Halo game to be released on the Xbox Series X|S. The Halo Infinite Tech Preview is a way for fans to get an early look at the game, and provide feedback to the developers. In this guide, we’ll show you how to get started with the Halo Infinite Tech Preview.
1. To start, you’ll need to download the Halo Infinite Tech Preview client from the Xbox Store.
2. Once the download is complete, launch the Halo Infinite Tech Preview client.
3. You’ll be prompted to sign in with your Microsoft account. If you don’t have a Microsoft account, you can create one for free.
4. Once you’re signed in, you’ll be able to select which region you want to play in. Choose wisely, as this cannot be changed later.
5. Once you’ve selected a region, you’ll be able to choose which game mode you want to play. The modes available in the Halo Infinite Tech Preview are: Slayer, Capture the Flag, and Stronghold.
6. After choosing a game mode, you’ll be able to select your map preference. The maps available in the Halo Infinite Tech Preview are: Canals, Empire, Refinery, and Depot 48-A.
7. Finally, you’ll be able to set up your match settings according to your preference. You can set things like team size (4v4 or 8v8), time limit, and score limit here.
8. Once all of your match settings are set up, press “Start Matchmaking” to queue up for a game!
What you need
To play in the Halo Infinite Tech Test you will need an Xbox One, Windows 10 PC, or Steam and an Xbox Live account. If you have all three, great! If not, don’t worry. All you need is an Xbox Live account and either an Xbox One or a Windows 10 PC.
You will also need to install the Halo Insider Hub app on your Xbox One or the Halo Waypoint app on your Windows 10 PC. The Halo Insider Hub is available free through the Microsoft Store on your Xbox One. The Halo Waypoint app is available free through the Microsoft Store on your Windows 10 PC.
Once you have installed the Halo Insider Hub app or the Halo Waypoint app, launch the app and sign in with your Xbox Live account. If you don’t have an Xbox Live account, you can create one for free.
Once you have signed in, you will be asked to register as a Halo Insider.
How to get the Halo Infinite Tech Preview
You’ll need to be a member of the Xbox Insider Program to access the Halo Infinite Tech Preview. If you’re not already a member, you can sign up for free at https://www.xboxinsider.com/.
Once you’ve joined the Xbox Insider Program, follow these steps to download and install the Halo Infinite Tech Preview:
1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, then go to All games & apps > Xbox Insider Hub.
2. Select Insiders content > Halo > Join or leave>. Choose Join.
3. Return to the main dashboard and launch the Xbox Insider Hub once again. From the main menu, go to Flight dashboard and select your console from the list of devices.
4. Find an active Halo flight and register for it by selecting Register now > Confirm registration.
5. Go to your console’s Home screen and launch Microsoft Store from My games & apps > See all > Microsoft Store.
6.. In Microsoft Store, select Search from the upper right corner of the screen and type in Halo Infinite Technical Preview.. Select Halo Infinite Technical Preview from search results and choose Install..
7.. When installation is complete, launch Halo Infinite Technical Preview from My games & apps > See all..
How to install the Halo Infinite Tech Preview
Adding the Halo Infinite Tech Preview to your Xbox One console is easy – just follow these simple steps.
1. Download the Halo Insider App from the Xbox Store
2. Sign in with your Microsoft account
3. Select InsidersHub from the main menu
4. Navigate to Insider content > Halo: The Master Chief Collection Update
5. Select Join
6. Once you have been added to the flight, the Halo Infinite Tech Preview will appear in your games library
How to play the Halo Infinite Tech Preview
Bungie and Microsoft have released a brand new Halo game, Halo Infinite, into the wild—but only in a technical preview on PC. The Halo Infinite Tech test is currently live right now, and it’ll be running until Sunday, August 23 at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET / 6 PM BST (that’s Monday, August 24 at 3 AM AEST). If you want to give it a shot, here’s everything you need to know about how to play the Halo Infinite Tech Preview.
First and foremost, you need to be an Xbox Game Pass for PC subscriber in order to participate in the Halo Infinite technical preview—if you’re not, you can sign up for a 14-day free trial right here. After that’s squared away, boot up the Xbox (Beta) app on your PC and install Halo: The Master Chief Collection—you don’t need to actually play any of the games within it, but the app itself is required in order to access the Halo Infinite technical preview.
Once that’s all done and dusted, fire up The Master Chief Collection like you would any other game—Halo Infinite should now appear in your list of installed titles. Boot it up and away you go! Note that while you can play through the entire technical preview start to finish without issue, there are a handful of bugs that Bungie is aware of—the team has listed them all over on its official forums.
So there you have it! Our how to play Halo Infinite tech preview! We hope you enjoyed and found it helpful, whether you’re a long time Halo fan or just getting into the franchise. As always, be sure to stay tuned to GameSkinny for all the latest Halo news, rumors, and more.